Поселок Старый СВет. Официальный форум жителей поселка.
Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Уведомление

Icon
Error

liny195
#1 Оставлено : 9 октября 2018 г. 11:10:08(UTC)
liny195

Статус: Advanced Member

Группы: Registered

On the surface O. J. Simpson Jersey , the responses to the somewhat surprising decision of Nike to make Colin Kaepernick a face of the 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” slogan aren’t surprising at all. On the same day the NFL issued a statement about Kaepernick so manicured and delicate that it largely states nothing, President Donald Trump offered up predictable criticism of the advertising effort. But the President ad libbed a caveat that, if heeded by his base, could go a long way toward ending the controversy created by Kaepernick’s decision to stop standing for the national anthem.

“I think it鈥檚 a terrible message,” Trump told TheDailyCaller.com in an Oval Office interview regarding Nike’s decision to partner with Kaepernick. “Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent.”

That relationship apparently doesn’t give the President’s opinion any extra weight. The office he occupies obviously does.

鈥淚 think it鈥檚 a terrible message that they鈥檙e sending and the purpose of them doing it http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/quincy-wilson-jersey , maybe there鈥檚 a reason for them doing it, but I think as far as sending a message, I think it鈥檚 a terrible message and a message that shouldn鈥檛 be sent,” Trump said. “There鈥檚 no reason for it.鈥?/p>

But then he seemed to acknowledge that there is a reason for it, even if he disagrees with that reason.

鈥淎s much as I disagree with the Colin Kaepernick endorsement Pierre Garcon Jersey , in another way 鈥?I mean, I wouldn鈥檛 have done it,鈥?Trump said.聽鈥淚n another way, it is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn鈥檛 do Frederik Andersen Jersey , but I personally am on a different side of it.鈥?/p>

Saying that peaceful protest “is what this country is all about” is a far cry from the knee-jerk reaction from then-candidate Trump that maybe Kaepernick should find another country. And it possibly represents an acknowledgement that Kaepernick and others have the right to peacefully protest during the anthem without being called unpatriotic, un-American, or unfit for continued residence here.

There’s no way the President will be surrendering his all-too-handy device for rallying support and/or distracting from other subjects. But if anyone heeds the viewpoint regarding this country being all about exercising certain freedoms, maybe attitudes regarding Kaepernick and other NFL players who choose to peacefully protest during the anthem will begin to change.

The NFL has named five sites as finalists to host the NFL draft in either 2019 or 2020.

Finalists to host either the 2019 or 2020 draft include Denver; Kansas City, Missouri; Las Vegas; Nashville John Klingberg Jersey , Tennessee; as well as a combined entry of Cleveland and Canton, Ohio. Canton is the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Representatives for each site will offer presentations before the final selections are made in May at the NFL spring meetings in Atlanta.

The draft historically had taken place in New York each year, but the league plans to move it around since it went to Chicago in 2015 and 2016 before moving to Philadelphia last year.

This year's draft is taking place April 26-28 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Womens Buffalo Bills Jerseys
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему