Поселок Старый СВет. Официальный форум жителей поселка.
Добро пожаловать, Гость! Чтобы использовать все возможности Вход или Регистрация.

Уведомление

Icon
Error

hongwei28
#1 Оставлено : 11 октября 2018 г. 6:04:23(UTC)
hongwei28

Статус: Member

Группы: Registered

The New York Jets are looking for someone to lead their offense – again.

The Jets announced Wednesday night that they fired offensive coordinator John Morton after just one season. His departure means the franchise will have its sixth offensive coordinator in eight years next season.

Morton replaced the retired Chan Gailey last year after two seasons in New Orleans as the Saints’ wide receivers coach. Quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates is a candidate to be promoted by head coach Todd Bowles. Bates served as Seattle’s offensive coordinator in 2010.

”We appreciate John’s contributions and wish him the best moving forward Authentic Customized Falcons Jerseys ,” coach Todd Bowles said in a statement posted on the team’s website.

The New York Daily News first reported the decision by the Jets to part ways with Morton, whose offense finished ranked No. 28 overall.

Morton’s play-calling came into question at times during an up-and-down season with the Jets, particularly when running back Matt Forte publicly criticized the game plan against Atlanta in Week 10 because New York got away from the run.

Both Morton and Forte said they spoke, and that the offensive coordinator was always open to discussions with his players and tweaking things.

”I’ve learned a lot,” Morton said in his last meeting with reporters on Dec. 28. ”As far as my personality, being more vocal with the offense, with the team. Listening. We had a period there where some players said some certain things and I listened. I think you should listen to the players and if it’s good for the team, then we’ll do it. So I’m kind of happy with myself that I listened because, listen, I didn’t do this by myself. It’s all with the coaches, it’s all with the players. They make it all work.”

Morton added that there were several things he wished he had done differently, but insisted that he would get better over time.

”I’ve had a blast,” he said. ”It’s been fun. There’s been ups and downs, but I’ve always stuck with my preparation. That’s the way I was taught. Stick with your preparation and trust it. I think I’ve done that. I’ll learn as I go as long as I do this job, but it’s been fun.”

Under Morton and Bates, quarterback Josh McCown had the best season of his career Authentic Nyheim Hines Jersey , throwing for a career-high 2,926 yards and 18 touchdowns before being lost for the final three games with a broken left hand.

The Jets had a better-than-expected passing game with McCown leading the way with wide receivers Jermaine Kearse and Robby Anderson having career seasons. But New York’s inconsistency was glaring on that side of the ball, and with Bryce Petty at quarterback, the Jets couldn’t manage much on offense while ending the season 5-11.

Offensive coordinator has been a revolving door for New York in recent years. Brian Schottenheimer served in the role for six years from 2006-11, but there’s been little continuity since with Tony Sparano (2012), Marty Mornhinweg (2013-14), Gailey (2015-16) and Morton (2017) all lasting two years or less.

AP NFL website:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The forgotten member of last year’s deep tight end class makes his NFL debut Saturday night, and Jake Butt is fired up to show he’s just as good as O.J. Howard, Evan Engram and David Njoku.

Butt was considered as talented as that trio of first-rounders last year but he slipped all the way to the fifth round, where Denver grabbed him with the 145th overall pick after he tore his right ACL in Michigan’s 33-32 loss to Florida State in the Orange Bowl following the 2016 season.

He was the eighth tight end taken overall, one spot ahead of Iowa’s George Kittle, who caught 43 passes for 515 yards and two TDs in San Francisco.

While Butt was missing his rookie season and focusing on getting healthy for 2018, he couldn’t help but keep tabs on his fellow rookie tight ends as they piled up 230 catches and 26 touchdowns last season.

“Some were arguing it was the best tight end class ever. Yeah, I kept up with them,” Butt said Thursday. “Obviously Customized Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys , a lot of those guys did some great things. Evan Engram stands out. I got to see him live in our stadium, he was making some big plays. O.J. Howard, I’ve known him since high school, just an absolute beast. David Njoku, Adam Shaheen, they did well.

“And now it’s my turn to go out there and compete with them and get the right to earn (the title of) who’s the best out of that class,” Butt said. “Man, that’ll be fun. We’ll all be pushing each other.”

The Broncos host the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday night, and Butt will line up with the starters.

“He’ll be with the first group probably for two series and maybe a little bit afterward, but not much more than that,” coach Vance Joseph said.

Butt can’t wait.

“I’m just ready to go out there and start playing some real football again,” said Butt.

He acknowledged feeling like a wide-eyed rookie.

“This will be my first NFL game, so what my class went through last season this is what I’m going through right now. So, just to get in that stadium, in front of our fans, with my team and being out there actually participating Da'Shawn Hand Color Rush Jersey , it’s going to be a fun time,” Butt said.

Butt is pain-free and has had a solid training camp so far as veteran Jeff Heuerman sits out with a sore knee. “But it’s a whole different beast when you get out there and do it live against another team,” Butt said. “So, I want to go out there and continue to be technique sound, work my fundamentals, block well.”

The Broncos lost their best blocking tight end when Virgil Green signed with the AFC West-rival Los Angeles Chargers this spring, and Butt knows blocking is what’s going to keep him on the field and allow him the chance to catch up to the rest of the 2017 tight ends class.

“We’ve got some talented receivers on the outside, so if you can have a tight end that they can’t key on whether it’s a run or a pass, that’s going to put some pressure on that defense,” Butt said. “And if you’re able to execute, that could translate into some big plays for our offense.”

Butt and general manager John Elway were hopeful that Butt would only miss half of his rookie season last year, but it quickly became apparent during the one week he was allowed to practice that he’d be better off waiting until 2018.

“The hardest part about last year was not knowing,” Butt said. “Being on PUP, you’re waiting, you’re waiting, you’re waiting and you don’t know if you’re going to have to wait longer. But once they shut me down for the year http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-blake-bortles-jersey , it just became a focus of let me get as healthy as possible for 2018.”

Butt was one of several members of the Broncos’ 2017 draft class who played very little (DeMarcus Walker, De’Angelo Henderson) or not at all (Chad Kelly, Carlos Henderson) last season.

There’s been a lot of buzz about this year’s loaded draft class . If Butt can return to form, though, he’ll give a boost to the 2017 class that’s taken heat for its many mistakes and immaturity.

“I think our story’s still being written,” Butt said.

And he could be the lead author.

Notes: Unlike last year, Von Miller will play in the preseason opener. “He’s totally healthy, he’s had a great camp and we have no reason not to play Von,” Joseph said. “Von’s in great health and good spirits, so why not?” … Heuerman, S Su’a Cravens (knee) and OL Menelik Watson (chest) won’t play.

Womens Washington Redskins Jerseys
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Guest (2)